This course is intended to update the authorized Disaster Site Worker trainer with new technical and regulatory information related to disaster response and the role of OSHA in coordinating occupational safety and health in the National Response Framework. Participants will have the opportunity to share "lessons learned" from teaching the OSHA #7600 Disaster Site Worker Course.
Disaster Site Worker Outreach Trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their authorized trainer status. The OSHA #5600 course also may be used to maintain a trainer's authorized status.
- Outreach Trainers may attend the OSHA #5602 Update for Disaster Site Worker Trainer Course only if their trainer authorization has not expired.
- Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current Disaster Site Worker Outreach Training Program trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #5600 Disaster Site Worker Trainer Course for verification of trainer status.
- If their Outreach Trainer authorization has expired, the former trainer must satisfy the OSHA #5600 prerequisite requirements and retake the OSHA #5600 course to renew their trainer status.
- You must apply using your legal name. (To update the name associated with your account, go to your account.)
- Download the OSHA Outreach Trainer Prerequisite Verification Form, and because this is an update course, you only need to fill it out pages 1 and 5. Please note, the documents must be submitted from the account of the trainer who is applying to attend the update course. Someone else may not be submit the documents on the behalf of the trainer.
- Upload the prerequisite verification documents using the Upload link on the location specific course registration page.
- You will be contacted by email if you are approved to register.
Class detailsOSHA #5602Min. course credits: 0.75 CEUsMin. course contact hours: 7.5