IMPORTANT GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
Program update -- October 2023: OSHA has benchmarked the price of the OSHA Outreach Training Program student cards to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index (CPI). The cards have been priced at $8 since March 2016, and over the last 7 years, the CPI has risen 25%. For student card orders placed after October 1, 2023 the price per card will increase from $8 to $10 per card. The official OSHA announcement is posted here, https://www.osha.gov/news/newsreleases/trade/06222023
The price for replacement cards remains unchanged at $25 per card.
Recordkeeping Requirements: All Outreach Trainers are required to keep course records for 5 years. The resources below will assist you in meeting the recordkeeping requirements.
Outreach trainers should also familiarize themselves with the complete Outreach Training Program Requirements.
HOW TO PREREGISTER COURSES
Follow the steps below to preregister your course online or click here to download step-by-step instructions.
- Login, on then click on the "My Account" tab
- Click the "For Trainers" tab, then select the course
- Select the Outreach class type that you want to preregister
- Enter the class preregistration information
- Click the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to save the form
- Your class will be immediately noted as preregistered under your "For Trainers" tab
- Please note, if a class that you have preregistered is cancelled or the training dates have changed, you can delete or edit the class preregistration
Alternatively, you can preregister a class by submitting an Outreach class preregistration form.
- Print and complete this Preregistration Form
- Email or fax the Preregistration Form as soon as possible
- Your course will be noted as preregistered on your account page within 3 business days
HOW TO REQUEST CARDS
Online card orders must be submitted within 30 days of your course end date.
After 30 days, you must email, fax or mail the appropriate report (see below). Include an explanation for the late submission and the control measures that you will take to prevent reoccurrence.
Follow the steps below to order cards online or click here to download step-by-step instructions.
- Once your Outreach course is completed, Login and click on the "My Account" tab
- Click the "For Trainers" tab, then locate the course in the "Ready for Card Orders" section and click the "Order Cards" button
- Complete the Outreach Training Program Report, then click the "Save and Order Cards" button
- Enter the student names and submit payment
- You will receive your Cards within 30 days after payment. Cards cost $8 per card.
- Student names will be printed on the Outreach cards.
- You are responsible for distributing cards to your students and retaining copies of the front and back of each card.
- Cards must be distributed to students within 90 days of course delivery. If you are unable to submit your Outreach Report on-line, please mail or fax the appropriate report (see below) to us with payment
REQUESTING REPLACEMENT CARDS
To request replacement cards for lost or changed cards, download, complete, and email the form below:
TRAINING PROCEDURE DOCUMENTS
- Outreach Training Program Requirements (Jan 2019)
- Construction Industry Procedures (Jan 2019)
- Construction Focus Four instructor guides, PowerPoints and handouts are available for download from the OSHA website. To download the Construction Focus Four tests and instructor answer keys, log in to your account and select the "For Trainers" tab.
- General Industry Procedures (Jan 2019)
- Disaster Site Worker Procedures (Jan 2019)
- Maritime Industry Procedures (Jan 2019)
OUTREACH TRAINING PROGRAM REPORTS (PDF format)
- Construction Outreach Training Program Report (OTPR) Form
- General Industry Outreach Training Program Report (OTPR) Form
- Disaster Site Worker Outreach Training Program Report (OTPR) Form
- Maritime Industry Outreach Training Program Report (OTPR) Form