This course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed the OSHA #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry and who are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain general industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program classes.
General Industry Outreach Trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their authorized trainer status. The OSHA #501 course also may be used to maintain a trainer's authorized status.
- Outreach Trainers may attend the OSHA #503 Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers course only if their trainer authorization has not expired.
- Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current general industry Outreach Training Program trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry for verification of trainer status.
- If an Outreach Trainer's authorization has expired, the former trainer must satisfy the prerequisite requirements to renew their trainer status; i.e. submit a completed OSHA Trainer Course Prerequisite Verification Form, retake the OSHA #501 trainer course, and if it has been more than 7 years since the completion of the OSHA #511 general industry standards course, retake the OSHA #511 course also.
- You must apply using your legal name. (To update the name associated with your account, go to your account.)
- Download the OSHA Outreach Trainer Prerequisite Verification Form, and because this is an update course, you only need to fill it out pages 1 and 5. Please note, the documents must be submitted from the account of the trainer who is applying to attend the update course. Someone else may not be submit the documents on the behalf of the trainer.
- Upload the prerequisite verification documents using the Upload link on the location specific course registration page.
- You will be contacted by email if you are approved to register.